Sunday, June 15, 2008

Remembering Dad on Father's Day

On Fathers Day, I'm thankful for my dad. He died almost 17 years ago, but I still miss him! He was a great dad to me, and a great grandpa to Danny and Joey. He would have loved to be a grandpa to Jacob, Lilly, Maggie, Jack, Luke, Jennifer, Paul, Anna, Matt, and Stevey too! The center picture in this collage is from Father's Day in 1990, his last "good" Father's Day with us. (The next Father's Day was pretty sad, with him ending up in the hospital and dying the following month...)

Although I remember him on many days, today is special-- and I just want to say Thanks, Lord, for the great dad and the many great years of him living on earth as my father!

(i know some of these pics don't fit quite right... but it's the best way i could get it to work!)

No comments: