Saturday, September 13, 2008

A Decker Not In Dakar



Joey spent the summer in Washington state. His last weekend there included a hike up an amazingly beautiful mountain with his roommate. He called me from up there, and told me to guess where he was calling from? I said (as always) "emergency room?" His roommate took this picture of Joey talking to his parents in Senegal from on top of the mountain in Washington state.

I received these photos yesterday, and was going to post them soon. But then today got another call from Joey-- who actually was in the emergency room this time. Turns out that he broke his collar bone during his rugby game today!

Pray for him to heal well, and sleep well in the meantime. They don't set collar bones, nor do they give pain meds for this type of injury! He's a junior at John Brown University and has been enjoying being back there.


P.S. Can you find Joey in the middle picture?

3 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Somehow, I just know my own son will be calling me a lot from the ER when he gets older. I guess he will be in good company!

MaryD said...

So, Tracy, what is the unbelievable part? The beautiful photos? Or the latest injury? Or his location in the middle photo??

Hey Kristen,
I can see Mikey being that kind of a kid as well! God has been so faithful to give me the necessary grace for being calm at the times... but it's never fun, that's for sure!

Tracy P. said...

Well now I'm glad I said that, and glad you asked, because I hadn't initially taken the time to find Joey in that picture with my 40 something eyes. But now I did! So rather than unbelievable, I say HOW IRONIC that the kid survives stuff like that but breaks his collar bone playing rugby. Do you think that maybe your boys could just take quarterly FIELD TRIPS to U.C. to get their fix so they wouldn't have to get injured in order to pay those nice doctors a visit?