Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Tuesday May 8

It's been a busy few days around here. Dave returned from Liberia on Friday night. He had a good trip, and enjoyed connecting with colleagues, both Liberian and ex-patriate. He saw some beautiful sunsets, and if you'd like to see them, they're here on my flick'r account. Liberia continues to have a very special place in our hearts, and we still love and miss our friends who live there.

Saturday night we attended the play at Dakar Academy, It's "Once Upon A Mattress" -- a re-telling of the Princess and the Pea story-- and it was well done. It's so much fun to watch high school students we know transformed into singers, queens, knights, etc.

This week I'm working hard to finish the papers for my class. By Thursday it all needs to be to the professor. Pray for me to finish well, and to learn much from what I'm doing.

Please also keep praying for someone to rent our house here while we are in the States for six months. I'm really hoping someone will be able to be here, benefit from the comfortably furnished home and enjoy caring for our cats and dogs! For me, that's one of the hard parts about this life, leaving pets that need care...

No comments: