Wednesday, July 23, 2008

a needed reminder

Jeremiah 32: 17 Ah, Lord God! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you.

This is a reminder I really need, as I am looking into travel arrangements and possibilities for visiting members of our team in another country. It's not far geographically, but flying there seems next to impossible! But with God, nothing is impossible, so I need to believe that if He wants me to go, He will make it possible.

Jesus said, “... All things are possible for one who believes.” [and my response] “I believe; help my unbelief!” (from Mark 9:23-24)

3 comments:

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Hi Mary! I got your blog address from the prayer letter you sent to my parents. They are about to head to Papua New Guinea for four years and have been re-directing their mail to me since they sold their house and are staying with friends until their departure. I have a blog too, which you should be able to get to via my screen name. My sister Holly now has six kids -- two adopted from Liberia!
Much love, Kristen

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I love that verse. Sounds like you have a challenge ahead of you. :)

(Like that calligraphy font on your blog too. I didn't know that was an option)

MaryD said...

Hey Kristen, so nice to see you here. Your blog is great-- you are really a good writer and I couldn't stop reading your stories!

Carol-- when I want to use that font, I type the text in my email program and then copy/paste it into the blog. Blogger doesn't offer it, but is accepts it when it comes from elsewhere!